Master Winton Henry 8th degree black belt
Master Henry’s martial arts career began with Kung-Fu in 1985. After moving to Canada in 1991, he started Taekwon-Do at one of the first community centres run by the Woodbridge Taekwon-Do Group. He has taught for over 14 years at various community schools throughout the city of Toronto. In 2000 he started Swar Taekwon-Do in Caledon East, Ontario. Among his most memorable memories in Taekwon-Do are meeting and performing for General Choi Hon Hi on several occasions.
Master Henry is a multi-medal winner in Ontario local tournaments including:
– Silver medal in Sparring bronze medal in pattern 1995 Ontario championship
– 97 Canadian sparring champion
– Silver medalist in IBBC championship, in 2000
– 2003 Ontario championship in Woodstock gold medal winner in pattern and sparring
– Taekwon-do 50th anniversary champion 4th to 6th Dan sparring and pattern 2004
– Chi Taekwon-Do tournament in Florida gold medal winner in pattern and sparring 4th to 6th Dan.
Master Henry is currently a technical advisor and the sparring chairman for the Woodbridge Taekwon-do Group
ICTF Umpire chairman / Tournament Director
Woodbridge Martial Arts group Sparring chairman
Over 25 years teaching experience.
SWAR Taekwon-do started by Master Henry in September 2000 in Caledon East Community Centre.
Mr. Bill Chambers 4th Dan
Mr. Cosimo Crupi 4th Dan
Mr. Ryan Thompson 2nd Dan
Ms Chloe Kostynyk 2nd Dan
Ms Anna Jennings 2nd Dan
Mr Carmelo Crupi 1st Dan
Woodbridge Taekwon-Do Martial Arts Group Head Instructor
Master Joe Cariati 9th Degree Black Belt
President of the ICTF (International Chang-Hon Taekwon-Do Federation)
Over 35 years teaching experience
Woodbridge TKD has over 29 locations throughout Ontario
General Choi Hong Hi created Taekwond-Do and brought it into the population in 1955. General Choi had said that he spent nine years working on Taekwon-Do establishing movements first and then giving each movement a name. General Choi used his military training as part of the foundation of Taekwon-Do.